Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 19, 2012 at 7:24:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 25%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 19, 2012 at 19:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 416.46 meters/second, 1499.2 km/hour, 931.6 miles/hour or 809.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.8"||15.53 mi||West||0° 00' 01.8"||0.04 mi||North||15.53 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 52.7"||931.30 mi||West||0° 01' 55.3"||2.20 mi||North||931.40 mi|
|24 hours||14° 10' 06.4"||916.46 mi||East||1° 23' 29.4"||95.72 mi||North||925.54 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Campo Grande||Fri 3:24 PM||102 km||63 miles||55 nm||WNW|
|Ciudad del Este *||Fri 4:24 PM||534 km||332 miles||288 nm||S|
|Foz do Iguaçu||Fri 4:24 PM||536 km||333 miles||290 nm||S|
|Barra do Garças||Fri 4:24 PM||561 km||348 miles||303 nm||NNE|
|Asuncion *||Fri 4:24 PM||642 km||399 miles||347 nm||SW|
|Goiânia||Fri 4:24 PM||652 km||405 miles||352 nm||NE|
|Pirassununga||Fri 4:24 PM||665 km||413 miles||359 nm||ESE|
|São Paulo||Fri 4:24 PM||791 km||492 miles||427 nm||ESE|
|Brasilia||Fri 4:24 PM||825 km||513 miles||446 nm||NE|
|San Ignacio de Velasco||Fri 3:24 PM||907 km||564 miles||490 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.