Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 20, 2012 at 12:04:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 27%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 20, 2012 at 00:04:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 417.04 meters/second, 1501.3 km/hour, 932.9 miles/hour or 810.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.1"||15.55 mi||West||0° 00' 02.5"||0.05 mi||North||15.55 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 08.0"||932.61 mi||West||0° 02' 34.6"||2.95 mi||North||932.75 mi|
|24 hours||14° 02' 37.1"||909.41 mi||East||1° 38' 00.9"||112.37 mi||North||921.02 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Fri 4:04 PM||1066 km||662 miles||576 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Fri 7:04 PM||1379 km||857 miles||745 nm||SE|
|Papeete||Fri 2:04 PM||3032 km||1884 miles||1637 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Fri 2:04 PM||4035 km||2507 miles||2179 nm||W|
|Galapagos Islands||Fri 6:04 PM||4041 km||2511 miles||2182 nm||ENE|
|Kiritimati||Sat 2:04 PM||4685 km||2911 miles||2530 nm||WNW|
|Lima||Fri 7:04 PM||4767 km||2962 miles||2574 nm||E|
|Mexico City *||Fri 7:04 PM||5023 km||3121 miles||2712 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Fri 6:04 PM||5118 km||3180 miles||2764 nm||NE|
|Alofi||Fri 1:04 PM||5119 km||3181 miles||2764 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.