Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 20, 2012 at 12:14:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 27%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 20, 2012 at 00:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 417.06 meters/second, 1501.4 km/hour, 932.9 miles/hour or 810.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.1"||15.55 mi||West||0° 00' 02.5"||0.05 mi||North||15.55 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 08.5"||932.67 mi||West||0° 02' 36.0"||2.98 mi||North||932.80 mi|
|24 hours||14° 02' 20.4"||909.15 mi||East||1° 38' 31.4"||112.95 mi||North||920.86 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Fri 4:14 PM||856 km||532 miles||462 nm||SW|
|Easter Island *||Fri 7:14 PM||1593 km||990 miles||860 nm||ESE|
|Papeete||Fri 2:14 PM||2782 km||1728 miles||1502 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Fri 2:14 PM||3787 km||2353 miles||2045 nm||W|
|Galapagos Islands||Fri 6:14 PM||4263 km||2649 miles||2302 nm||ENE|
|Kiritimati||Sat 2:14 PM||4465 km||2775 miles||2411 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Fri 1:14 PM||4870 km||3026 miles||2630 nm||W|
|Lima||Fri 7:14 PM||5016 km||3117 miles||2709 nm||E|
|Mexico City *||Fri 7:14 PM||5151 km||3201 miles||2781 nm||NNE|
|Apia *||Sat 2:14 PM||5191 km||3226 miles||2803 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.