Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 20, 2012 at 12:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 27%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 20, 2012 at 00:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 417.11 meters/second, 1501.6 km/hour, 933.1 miles/hour or 810.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.1"||15.55 mi||West||0° 00' 02.5"||0.05 mi||North||15.55 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 09.7"||932.78 mi||West||0° 02' 38.7"||3.03 mi||North||932.91 mi|
|24 hours||14° 01' 47.1"||908.64 mi||East||1° 39' 32.4"||114.12 mi||North||920.53 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Fri 4:34 PM||538 km||334 miles||291 nm||SSW|
|Gambier Islands||Fri 3:34 PM||762 km||474 miles||412 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Fri 7:34 PM||2041 km||1268 miles||1102 nm||ESE|
|Papeete||Fri 2:34 PM||2282 km||1418 miles||1232 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Fri 2:34 PM||3291 km||2045 miles||1777 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Sat 2:34 PM||4040 km||2511 miles||2182 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Fri 1:34 PM||4373 km||2717 miles||2361 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sat 2:34 PM||4691 km||2915 miles||2533 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Sat 1:34 PM||4883 km||3034 miles||2637 nm||W|
|Mexico City *||Fri 7:34 PM||5436 km||3378 miles||2935 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.