Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 20, 2012 at 12:44:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 27%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 20, 2012 at 00:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 417.14 meters/second, 1501.7 km/hour, 933.1 miles/hour or 810.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.1"||15.55 mi||West||0° 00' 02.5"||0.05 mi||North||15.55 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 10.2"||932.83 mi||West||0° 02' 40.1"||3.06 mi||North||932.97 mi|
|24 hours||14° 01' 30.5"||908.38 mi||East||1° 40' 02.9"||114.70 mi||North||920.37 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Fri 4:44 PM||500 km||311 miles||270 nm||S|
|Gambier Islands||Fri 3:44 PM||540 km||336 miles||292 nm||WSW|
|Papeete||Fri 2:44 PM||2033 km||1263 miles||1098 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Fri 7:44 PM||2271 km||1411 miles||1226 nm||ESE|
|Rarotonga||Fri 2:44 PM||3042 km||1890 miles||1643 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Sat 2:44 PM||3837 km||2384 miles||2072 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Fri 1:44 PM||4123 km||2562 miles||2226 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sat 2:44 PM||4441 km||2759 miles||2398 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Sat 1:44 PM||4636 km||2881 miles||2504 nm||W|
|Suva||Sat 12:44 PM||5351 km||3325 miles||2890 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.