Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 20, 2012 at 1:14:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 27%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 20, 2012 at 01:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 417.21 meters/second, 1502.0 kilometres/hour, 933.3 miles/hour or 811.0 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.1"||15.55 mi||West||0° 00' 02.7"||0.05 mi||North||15.55 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 12.1"||933.00 mi||West||0° 02' 44.1"||3.14 mi||North||933.14 mi|
|24 hours||14° 00' 40.1"||907.61 mi||East||1° 41' 33.8"||116.44 mi||North||919.88 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Fri 4:14 PM||404 km||251 miles||218 nm||SE|
|Adamstown||Fri 5:14 PM||927 km||576 miles||500 nm||SE|
|Papeete||Fri 3:14 PM||1292 km||803 miles||698 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Fri 3:14 PM||2296 km||1427 miles||1240 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Fri 8:14 PM||2973 km||1847 miles||1605 nm||ESE|
|Kiritimati||Sat 3:14 PM||3276 km||2036 miles||1769 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Fri 2:14 PM||3374 km||2097 miles||1822 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sat 3:14 PM||3692 km||2294 miles||1994 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sat 2:14 PM||3800 km||2361 miles||2052 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Sat 2:14 PM||3894 km||2420 miles||2103 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.