Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 20, 2012 at 1:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 27%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 20, 2012 at 01:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 417.24 meters/second, 1502.0 km/hour, 933.3 miles/hour or 811.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.1"||15.56 mi||West||0° 00' 02.7"||0.05 mi||North||15.56 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 12.7"||933.05 mi||West||0° 02' 45.5"||3.16 mi||North||933.20 mi|
|24 hours||14° 00' 23.2"||907.35 mi||East||1° 42' 04.2"||117.02 mi||North||919.71 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Fri 4:24 PM||605 km||376 miles||327 nm||ESE|
|Papeete||Fri 3:24 PM||1050 km||652 miles||567 nm||WNW|
|Adamstown||Fri 5:24 PM||1142 km||710 miles||617 nm||ESE|
|Rarotonga||Fri 3:24 PM||2047 km||1272 miles||1105 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Sat 3:24 PM||3111 km||1933 miles||1680 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Fri 2:24 PM||3124 km||1941 miles||1687 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Fri 8:24 PM||3209 km||1994 miles||1733 nm||ESE|
|Apia *||Sat 3:24 PM||3443 km||2140 miles||1859 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sat 2:24 PM||3558 km||2211 miles||1921 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Sat 2:24 PM||3646 km||2266 miles||1969 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.