Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 20, 2012 at 2:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 28%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 20, 2012 at 02:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 417.39 meters/second, 1502.6 km/hour, 933.7 miles/hour or 811.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.1"||15.56 mi||West||0° 00' 02.7"||0.05 mi||North||15.56 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 16.3"||933.40 mi||West||0° 02' 53.8"||3.32 mi||North||933.55 mi|
|24 hours||13° 58' 41.4"||905.79 mi||East||1° 45' 04.9"||120.47 mi||North||918.73 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Fri 4:24 PM||529 km||328 miles||285 nm||NNE|
|Rarotonga||Fri 4:24 PM||554 km||345 miles||299 nm||W|
|Papeete||Fri 4:24 PM||615 km||382 miles||332 nm||ENE|
|Alofi||Fri 3:24 PM||1622 km||1008 miles||876 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sat 4:24 PM||1977 km||1229 miles||1068 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Sat 3:24 PM||2154 km||1338 miles||1163 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sat 3:24 PM||2175 km||1351 miles||1174 nm||WNW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 4:24 PM||2493 km||1549 miles||1346 nm||N|
|Adamstown||Fri 6:24 PM||2553 km||1586 miles||1378 nm||ESE|
|Suva||Sat 2:24 PM||2853 km||1773 miles||1541 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.