Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 20, 2012 at 2:48:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 28%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 20, 2012 at 02:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 417.45 meters/second, 1502.8 kilometres/hour, 933.8 miles/hour or 811.5 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.3"||15.56 mi||West||0° 00' 02.9"||0.06 mi||North||15.56 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 17.7"||933.54 mi||West||0° 02' 57.0"||3.38 mi||North||933.69 mi|
|24 hours||13° 58' 00.4"||905.16 mi||East||1° 46' 16.9"||121.84 mi||North||918.34 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Fri 4:48 PM||98 km||61 miles||53 nm||SSE|
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Fri 4:48 PM||1001 km||622 miles||540 nm||ENE|
|Alofi||Fri 3:48 PM||1023 km||636 miles||553 nm||W|
|Papeete||Fri 4:48 PM||1173 km||729 miles||633 nm||ENE|
|Apia *||Sat 4:48 PM||1427 km||886 miles||770 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Sat 3:48 PM||1556 km||967 miles||840 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sat 3:48 PM||1700 km||1056 miles||918 nm||NW|
|Suva||Sat 2:48 PM||2253 km||1400 miles||1216 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Sat 4:48 PM||2492 km||1548 miles||1346 nm||N|
|Funafuti||Sat 2:48 PM||2574 km||1599 miles||1390 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.