Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 20, 2012 at 6:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 29%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 20, 2012 at 06:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 418.07 meters/second, 1505.0 km/hour, 935.2 miles/hour or 812.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.5"||15.59 mi||West||0° 00' 03.3"||0.06 mi||North||15.59 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 31.3"||934.92 mi||West||0° 03' 26.0"||3.94 mi||North||935.10 mi|
|24 hours||13° 51' 42.6"||899.46 mi||East||1° 56' 53.1"||134.00 mi||North||914.78 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Lindeman Island||Sat 4:24 PM||124 km||77 miles||67 nm||E|
|Townsville||Sat 4:24 PM||158 km||98 miles||85 nm||NW|
|Mackay||Sat 4:24 PM||167 km||104 miles||90 nm||SE|
|Charters Towers||Sat 4:24 PM||170 km||106 miles||92 nm||W|
|Cairns||Sat 4:24 PM||433 km||269 miles||234 nm||NNW|
|Brisbane||Sat 4:24 PM||953 km||592 miles||515 nm||SSE|
|Port Moresby||Sat 4:24 PM||1201 km||746 miles||649 nm||N|
|Alice Springs||Sat 3:54 PM||1492 km||927 miles||806 nm||WSW|
|Sydney *||Sat 5:24 PM||1540 km||957 miles||832 nm||SSE|
|Canberra *||Sat 5:24 PM||1666 km||1035 miles||900 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.