Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 20, 2012 at 6:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 30%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 20, 2012 at 06:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 418.10 meters/second, 1505.1 km/hour, 935.3 miles/hour or 812.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.5"||15.59 mi||West||0° 00' 03.3"||0.06 mi||North||15.59 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 31.9"||934.98 mi||West||0° 03' 27.3"||3.96 mi||North||935.17 mi|
|24 hours||13° 51' 24.9"||899.19 mi||East||1° 57' 22.1"||134.55 mi||North||914.61 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Charters Towers||Sat 4:34 PM||86 km||53 miles||46 nm||ENE|
|Townsville||Sat 4:34 PM||182 km||113 miles||98 nm||NE|
|Cairns||Sat 4:34 PM||373 km||232 miles||201 nm||N|
|Brisbane||Sat 4:34 PM||1107 km||688 miles||598 nm||SE|
|Port Moresby||Sat 4:34 PM||1212 km||753 miles||654 nm||N|
|Alice Springs||Sat 4:04 PM||1255 km||780 miles||677 nm||WSW|
|Sydney *||Sat 5:34 PM||1609 km||1000 miles||869 nm||SSE|
|Canberra *||Sat 5:34 PM||1701 km||1057 miles||919 nm||SSE|
|Adelaide *||Sat 5:04 PM||1758 km||1092 miles||949 nm||SSW|
|Darwin||Sat 4:04 PM||1784 km||1109 miles||963 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.