Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 20, 2012 at 7:06:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 30%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 20, 2012 at 07:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 418.19 meters/second, 1505.5 km/hour, 935.5 miles/hour or 812.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.5"||15.59 mi||West||0° 00' 03.4"||0.07 mi||North||15.59 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 34.0"||935.21 mi||West||0° 03' 31.6"||4.04 mi||North||935.39 mi|
|24 hours||13° 50' 27.5"||898.33 mi||East||1° 58' 54.5"||136.31 mi||North||914.08 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mount Isa||Sat 5:06 PM||186 km||116 miles||101 nm||ESE|
|Tennant Creek||Sat 4:36 PM||382 km||237 miles||206 nm||W|
|Alice Springs||Sat 4:36 PM||555 km||345 miles||300 nm||SW|
|Cairns||Sat 5:06 PM||920 km||572 miles||497 nm||ENE|
|Darwin||Sat 4:36 PM||1136 km||706 miles||613 nm||NW|
|Eucla||Sat 3:51 PM||1547 km||961 miles||835 nm||SSW|
|Port Moresby||Sat 5:06 PM||1564 km||972 miles||845 nm||NE|
|Adelaide *||Sat 5:36 PM||1629 km||1012 miles||879 nm||S|
|Brisbane||Sat 5:06 PM||1744 km||1084 miles||942 nm||ESE|
|Dili||Sat 4:06 PM||1843 km||1145 miles||995 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.