Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 20, 2012 at 1:06:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 32%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 20, 2012 at 13:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.42 meters/second, 1509.9 km/hour, 938.2 miles/hour or 815.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.8"||15.64 mi||West||0° 00' 04.2"||0.08 mi||North||15.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 58.5"||937.95 mi||West||0° 04' 18.2"||4.93 mi||North||938.17 mi|
|24 hours||13° 39' 25.9"||888.59 mi||East||2° 15' 43.0"||155.58 mi||North||908.09 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Toamasina||Sat 4:06 PM||276 km||171 miles||149 nm||NW|
|Antananarivo||Sat 4:06 PM||411 km||255 miles||222 nm||WNW|
|Saint-Denis||Sat 5:06 PM||447 km||278 miles||241 nm||ESE|
|Antsirabe||Sat 4:06 PM||448 km||278 miles||242 nm||W|
|Fianarantsoa||Sat 4:06 PM||474 km||295 miles||256 nm||WSW|
|Port Louis||Sat 5:06 PM||648 km||403 miles||350 nm||E|
|Toliara||Sat 4:06 PM||881 km||547 miles||475 nm||WSW|
|Mamoutzou||Sat 4:06 PM||1018 km||632 miles||549 nm||NW|
|Moroni||Sat 4:06 PM||1249 km||776 miles||674 nm||NW|
|Victoria||Sat 5:06 PM||1745 km||1084 miles||942 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.