Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 20, 2012 at 1:48:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 33%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 20, 2012 at 13:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 419.57 meters/second, 1510.5 kilometres/hour, 938.6 miles/hour or 815.6 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.0"||15.64 mi||West||0° 00' 04.2"||0.08 mi||North||15.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 01.6"||938.30 mi||West||0° 04' 23.4"||5.03 mi||North||938.52 mi|
|24 hours||13° 38' 06.8"||887.44 mi||East||2° 17' 36.8"||157.75 mi||North||907.39 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Toliara||Sat 4:48 PM||467 km||290 miles||252 nm||SSE|
|Nampula||Sat 3:48 PM||560 km||348 miles||302 nm||NNW|
|Antsirabe||Sat 4:48 PM||609 km||378 miles||329 nm||E|
|Fianarantsoa||Sat 4:48 PM||638 km||396 miles||344 nm||ESE|
|Beira||Sat 3:48 PM||669 km||415 miles||361 nm||W|
|Antananarivo||Sat 4:48 PM||670 km||416 miles||362 nm||E|
|Pemba||Sat 3:48 PM||761 km||473 miles||411 nm||N|
|Zomba||Sat 3:48 PM||793 km||493 miles||428 nm||NW|
|Blantyre||Sat 3:48 PM||795 km||494 miles||429 nm||WNW|
|Fomboni||Sat 4:48 PM||876 km||544 miles||473 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.