Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 20, 2012 at 2:58:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 33%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 20, 2012 at 14:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 419.84 meters/second, 1511.4 kilometres/hour, 939.1 miles/hour or 816.1 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.0"||15.65 mi||West||0° 00' 04.5"||0.09 mi||North||15.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 06.6"||938.89 mi||West||0° 04' 32.2"||5.20 mi||North||939.13 mi|
|24 hours||13° 35' 54.4"||885.52 mi||East||2° 20' 44.9"||161.34 mi||North||906.22 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Maun||Sat 4:58 PM||107 km||66 miles||58 nm||WSW|
|Ghanzi||Sat 4:58 PM||360 km||224 miles||195 nm||SW|
|Francistown||Sat 4:58 PM||362 km||225 miles||195 nm||ESE|
|Serowe||Sat 4:58 PM||380 km||236 miles||205 nm||SE|
|Bulawayo||Sat 4:58 PM||441 km||274 miles||238 nm||E|
|Mongu||Sat 4:58 PM||511 km||317 miles||276 nm||NNW|
|Rundu *||Sat 4:58 PM||528 km||328 miles||285 nm||WNW|
|Molepolole||Sat 4:58 PM||531 km||330 miles||287 nm||SSE|
|Gaborone||Sat 4:58 PM||567 km||353 miles||306 nm||SSE|
|Gweru||Sat 4:58 PM||569 km||354 miles||307 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.