Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 20, 2012 at 6:06:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 35%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 20, 2012 at 18:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.58 meters/second, 1514.1 km/hour, 940.8 miles/hour or 817.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.2"||15.68 mi||West||0° 00' 04.9"||0.09 mi||North||15.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 20.6"||940.56 mi||West||0° 04' 55.2"||5.64 mi||North||940.82 mi|
|24 hours||13° 29' 54.3"||880.34 mi||East||2° 28' 58.4"||170.76 mi||North||903.07 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jamestown||Sat 6:06 PM||1645 km||1022 miles||888 nm||ENE|
|Recife||Sat 3:06 PM||1979 km||1230 miles||1069 nm||NW|
|Salvador||Sat 3:06 PM||2022 km||1257 miles||1092 nm||WNW|
|Rio de Janeiro||Sat 3:06 PM||2355 km||1463 miles||1271 nm||WSW|
|Fortaleza||Sat 3:06 PM||2598 km||1614 miles||1403 nm||NW|
|São Paulo||Sat 3:06 PM||2712 km||1685 miles||1464 nm||WSW|
|Brasilia||Sat 3:06 PM||2901 km||1803 miles||1567 nm||W|
|Monrovia||Sat 6:06 PM||3056 km||1899 miles||1650 nm||NNE|
|Freetown||Sat 6:06 PM||3202 km||1990 miles||1729 nm||NNE|
|Conakry||Sat 6:06 PM||3299 km||2050 miles||1781 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.