Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 20, 2012 at 6:24:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 35%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 20, 2012 at 18:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.66 meters/second, 1514.4 km/hour, 941.0 miles/hour or 817.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.2"||15.68 mi||West||0° 00' 04.9"||0.09 mi||North||15.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 22.0"||940.73 mi||West||0° 04' 57.3"||5.68 mi||North||940.99 mi|
|24 hours||13° 29' 19.5"||879.84 mi||East||2° 29' 44.9"||171.65 mi||North||902.77 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Salvador||Sat 3:24 PM||1598 km||993 miles||863 nm||WNW|
|Recife||Sat 3:24 PM||1645 km||1022 miles||888 nm||NW|
|Rio de Janeiro||Sat 3:24 PM||1915 km||1190 miles||1034 nm||WSW|
|Jamestown||Sat 6:24 PM||2093 km||1300 miles||1130 nm||E|
|Fortaleza||Sat 3:24 PM||2270 km||1410 miles||1225 nm||NW|
|São Paulo||Sat 3:24 PM||2273 km||1413 miles||1227 nm||WSW|
|Brasilia||Sat 3:24 PM||2449 km||1521 miles||1322 nm||W|
|Belém||Sat 3:24 PM||3232 km||2008 miles||1745 nm||NW|
|Monrovia||Sat 6:24 PM||3254 km||2022 miles||1757 nm||NNE|
|Freetown||Sat 6:24 PM||3354 km||2084 miles||1811 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.