Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 20, 2012 at 7:06:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 35%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 20, 2012 at 19:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.83 meters/second, 1515.0 km/hour, 941.4 miles/hour or 818.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.4"||15.69 mi||West||0° 00' 05.0"||0.10 mi||North||15.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 25.0"||941.12 mi||West||0° 05' 02.4"||5.78 mi||North||941.38 mi|
|24 hours||13° 27' 58.2"||878.68 mi||East||2° 31' 32.6"||173.71 mi||North||902.06 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Vitória||Sat 4:06 PM||543 km||337 miles||293 nm||WSW|
|Salvador||Sat 4:06 PM||792 km||492 miles||427 nm||NNW|
|Rio de Janeiro||Sat 4:06 PM||918 km||570 miles||495 nm||WSW|
|Recife||Sat 4:06 PM||1255 km||780 miles||678 nm||N|
|São Paulo||Sat 4:06 PM||1270 km||789 miles||686 nm||WSW|
|Brasilia||Sat 4:06 PM||1403 km||872 miles||758 nm||WNW|
|Fortaleza||Sat 4:06 PM||1771 km||1100 miles||956 nm||NNW|
|Asuncion *||Sat 4:06 PM||2397 km||1490 miles||1294 nm||WSW|
|Belém||Sat 4:06 PM||2456 km||1526 miles||1326 nm||NW|
|Montevideo *||Sat 5:06 PM||2687 km||1670 miles||1451 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.