Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 20, 2012 at 8:06:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 36%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 20, 2012 at 20:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.08 meters/second, 1515.9 km/hour, 941.9 miles/hour or 818.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.4"||15.70 mi||West||0° 00' 05.1"||0.10 mi||North||15.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 29.6"||941.69 mi||West||0° 05' 09.5"||5.92 mi||North||941.95 mi|
|24 hours||13° 26' 01.8"||877.02 mi||East||2° 34' 04.8"||176.61 mi||North||901.06 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Itumbiara||Sat 5:06 PM||109 km||67 miles||59 nm||NNE|
|Uberlândia||Sat 5:06 PM||147 km||92 miles||80 nm||ENE|
|São José do Rio Preto||Sat 5:06 PM||171 km||106 miles||92 nm||S|
|Uberaba||Sat 5:06 PM||184 km||114 miles||99 nm||ESE|
|Goiânia||Sat 5:06 PM||290 km||180 miles||156 nm||N|
|Pirassununga||Sat 5:06 PM||375 km||233 miles||203 nm||SE|
|Brasilia||Sat 5:06 PM||432 km||268 miles||233 nm||NNE|
|Barra do Garças||Sat 5:06 PM||471 km||293 miles||254 nm||NW|
|Campinas||Sat 5:06 PM||476 km||296 miles||257 nm||SSE|
|São Paulo||Sat 5:06 PM||564 km||350 miles||304 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.