Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 21, 2012 at 12:14:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 38%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 21, 2012 at 00:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.18 meters/second, 1519.8 km/hour, 944.4 miles/hour or 820.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.7"||15.74 mi||West||0° 00' 05.5"||0.11 mi||North||15.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 49.0"||944.14 mi||West||0° 05' 38.4"||6.47 mi||North||944.42 mi|
|24 hours||13° 17' 56.3"||870.16 mi||East||2° 44' 16.4"||188.29 mi||North||896.91 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Easter Island *||Sat 7:14 PM||901 km||560 miles||487 nm||S|
|Adamstown||Sat 4:14 PM||2253 km||1400 miles||1217 nm||WSW|
|Galapagos Islands||Sat 6:14 PM||2931 km||1821 miles||1583 nm||NE|
|Lima||Sat 7:14 PM||3535 km||2196 miles||1909 nm||E|
|Quito||Sat 7:14 PM||3946 km||2452 miles||2130 nm||ENE|
|Santiago *||Sat 9:14 PM||4150 km||2578 miles||2241 nm||ESE|
|San Jose||Sat 6:14 PM||4224 km||2625 miles||2281 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Sat 6:14 PM||4229 km||2628 miles||2283 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Sat 6:14 PM||4242 km||2636 miles||2290 nm||NNE|
|Papeete||Sat 2:14 PM||4256 km||2645 miles||2298 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.