Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 21, 2012 at 1:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 38%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 21, 2012 at 01:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.50 meters/second, 1521.0 km/hour, 945.1 miles/hour or 821.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.9"||15.75 mi||West||0° 00' 05.6"||0.11 mi||North||15.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 54.5"||944.86 mi||West||0° 05' 46.4"||6.62 mi||North||945.15 mi|
|24 hours||13° 15' 38.4"||868.22 mi||East||2° 47' 03.8"||191.48 mi||North||895.74 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Sat 5:24 PM||804 km||500 miles||434 nm||SSW|
|Easter Island *||Sat 8:24 PM||1944 km||1208 miles||1050 nm||ESE|
|Papeete||Sat 3:24 PM||2485 km||1544 miles||1342 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Sat 3:24 PM||3527 km||2192 miles||1905 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Sun 3:24 PM||4115 km||2557 miles||2222 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Sat 2:24 PM||4603 km||2860 miles||2486 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sun 3:24 PM||4899 km||3044 miles||2645 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Sun 2:24 PM||5125 km||3185 miles||2767 nm||WSW|
|Mexico City *||Sat 8:24 PM||5156 km||3204 miles||2784 nm||NE|
|Lima||Sat 8:24 PM||5303 km||3295 miles||2863 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.