Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 21, 2012 at 2:48:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 39%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 21, 2012 at 02:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.89 meters/second, 1522.4 km/hour, 946.0 miles/hour or 822.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.9"||15.77 mi||West||0° 00' 05.9"||0.11 mi||North||15.77 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 01.2"||945.73 mi||West||0° 05' 55.8"||6.80 mi||North||946.03 mi|
|24 hours||13° 12' 52.5"||865.90 mi||East||2° 50' 21.5"||195.25 mi||North||894.34 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Sat 4:48 PM||369 km||229 miles||199 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Sat 4:48 PM||1437 km||893 miles||776 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Sat 6:48 PM||1815 km||1127 miles||980 nm||ESE|
|Alofi||Sat 3:48 PM||2487 km||1545 miles||1343 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Sun 4:48 PM||2576 km||1601 miles||1391 nm||NNW|
|Apia *||Sun 4:48 PM||2772 km||1723 miles||1497 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sun 3:48 PM||2880 km||1789 miles||1555 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Sun 3:48 PM||3033 km||1885 miles||1638 nm||W|
|Suva *||Sun 3:48 PM||3721 km||2312 miles||2009 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Sun 2:48 PM||3889 km||2417 miles||2100 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.