Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 21, 2012 at 3:32:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 39%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 21, 2012 at 03:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.10 meters/second, 1523.1 km/hour, 946.4 miles/hour or 822.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.9"||15.77 mi||West||0° 00' 06.0"||0.11 mi||North||15.77 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 04.7"||946.20 mi||West||0° 06' 00.5"||6.89 mi||North||946.50 mi|
|24 hours||13° 11' 25.6"||864.68 mi||East||2° 52' 03.5"||197.21 mi||North||893.61 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Sat 5:32 PM||418 km||260 miles||226 nm||SW|
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Sat 5:32 PM||594 km||369 miles||321 nm||ENE|
|Papeete||Sat 5:32 PM||785 km||488 miles||424 nm||E|
|Alofi||Sat 4:32 PM||1374 km||854 miles||742 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sun 5:32 PM||1677 km||1042 miles||905 nm||WNW|
|Fakaofo||Sun 4:32 PM||1854 km||1152 miles||1001 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Sun 4:32 PM||1937 km||1203 miles||1046 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 5:32 PM||2268 km||1409 miles||1224 nm||N|
|Suva *||Sun 4:32 PM||2607 km||1620 miles||1408 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Sun 3:32 PM||2815 km||1749 miles||1520 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.