Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 21, 2012 at 6:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 40%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 21, 2012 at 06:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 423.93 meters/second, 1526.1 kilometres/hour, 948.3 miles/hour or 824.0 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.3"||15.80 mi||West||0° 00' 06.2"||0.12 mi||North||15.81 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 18.5"||948.07 mi||West||0° 06' 19.2"||7.25 mi||North||948.38 mi|
|24 hours||13° 05' 44.9"||859.94 mi||East||2° 58' 34.0"||204.66 mi||North||890.75 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Noumea||Sun 5:24 PM||657 km||408 miles||355 nm||SE|
|Luganville||Sun 5:24 PM||659 km||409 miles||356 nm||ENE|
|Port Vila||Sun 5:24 PM||700 km||435 miles||378 nm||E|
|Honiara||Sun 5:24 PM||1004 km||624 miles||542 nm||N|
|Brisbane||Sun 4:24 PM||1348 km||838 miles||728 nm||SW|
|Cairns||Sun 4:24 PM||1700 km||1056 miles||918 nm||W|
|Suva *||Sun 7:24 PM||1765 km||1097 miles||953 nm||E|
|Port Moresby||Sun 4:24 PM||1852 km||1151 miles||1000 nm||WNW|
|Sydney *||Sun 5:24 PM||2014 km||1251 miles||1087 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Sun 6:24 PM||2048 km||1273 miles||1106 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.