Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 21, 2012 at 6:56:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 41%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 21, 2012 at 06:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.09 meters/second, 1526.7 km/hour, 948.7 miles/hour or 824.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.3"||15.81 mi||West||0° 00' 06.2"||0.12 mi||North||15.81 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 21.1"||948.42 mi||West||0° 06' 22.6"||7.31 mi||North||948.74 mi|
|24 hours||13° 04' 41.6"||859.06 mi||East||2° 59' 45.2"||206.01 mi||North||890.21 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Cairns||Sun 4:56 PM||889 km||552 miles||480 nm||W|
|Brisbane||Sun 4:56 PM||1023 km||635 miles||552 nm||S|
|Honiara||Sun 5:56 PM||1170 km||727 miles||632 nm||NE|
|Port Moresby||Sun 4:56 PM||1225 km||761 miles||661 nm||NW|
|Noumea||Sun 5:56 PM||1370 km||851 miles||740 nm||ESE|
|Port Vila||Sun 5:56 PM||1514 km||941 miles||817 nm||E|
|Sydney *||Sun 5:56 PM||1749 km||1087 miles||944 nm||S|
|Canberra *||Sun 5:56 PM||1945 km||1208 miles||1050 nm||SSW|
|Alice Springs||Sun 4:26 PM||2178 km||1353 miles||1176 nm||WSW|
|Jayapura||Sun 3:56 PM||2269 km||1410 miles||1225 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.