Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 21, 2012 at 2:48:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 44%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 21, 2012 at 14:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 426.50 meters/second, 1535.4 kilometres/hour, 954.1 miles/hour or 829.1 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.0"||15.90 mi||West||0° 00' 07.1"||0.14 mi||North||15.90 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 00.2"||953.84 mi||West||0° 07' 10.4"||8.22 mi||North||954.19 mi|
|24 hours||12° 49' 09.4"||846.24 mi||East||3° 16' 15.7"||224.91 mi||North||882.45 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Nampula||Sun 4:48 PM||281 km||174 miles||152 nm||NNW|
|Pemba||Sun 4:48 PM||491 km||305 miles||265 nm||N|
|Zomba||Sun 4:48 PM||586 km||364 miles||316 nm||WNW|
|Blantyre||Sun 4:48 PM||603 km||375 miles||326 nm||WNW|
|Beira||Sun 4:48 PM||646 km||402 miles||349 nm||WSW|
|Mahajanga||Sun 5:48 PM||657 km||408 miles||355 nm||ENE|
|Fomboni||Sun 5:48 PM||670 km||417 miles||362 nm||NNE|
|Moroni||Sun 5:48 PM||702 km||436 miles||379 nm||NNE|
|Mutsamudu||Sun 5:48 PM||721 km||448 miles||390 nm||NE|
|Mamoutzou||Sun 5:48 PM||728 km||452 miles||393 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.