Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 21, 2012 at 5:06:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 45%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 21, 2012 at 17:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.24 meters/second, 1538.0 km/hour, 955.7 miles/hour or 830.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.2"||15.93 mi||West||0° 00' 07.2"||0.14 mi||North||15.93 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 11.6"||955.49 mi||West||0° 07' 23.6"||8.48 mi||North||955.84 mi|
|24 hours||12° 44' 39.5"||842.56 mi||East||3° 20' 45.1"||230.05 mi||North||880.20 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Lubango||Sun 6:06 PM||719 km||447 miles||388 nm||ENE|
|Swakopmund *||Sun 7:06 PM||986 km||612 miles||532 nm||SE|
|Walvis Bay *||Sun 7:06 PM||1003 km||623 miles||541 nm||SE|
|Luanda||Sun 6:06 PM||1128 km||701 miles||609 nm||NE|
|Windhoek *||Sun 7:06 PM||1200 km||746 miles||648 nm||ESE|
|Jamestown||Sun 5:06 PM||1382 km||859 miles||746 nm||W|
|Kinshasa||Sun 6:06 PM||1672 km||1039 miles||903 nm||NNE|
|Brazzaville||Sun 6:06 PM||1676 km||1041 miles||905 nm||NNE|
|São Tomé||Sun 5:06 PM||1932 km||1200 miles||1043 nm||N|
|Libreville||Sun 6:06 PM||1953 km||1214 miles||1055 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.