Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 21, 2012 at 6:56:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 46%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 21, 2012 at 18:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.83 meters/second, 1540.2 km/hour, 957.0 miles/hour or 831.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.2"||15.95 mi||West||0° 00' 07.5"||0.14 mi||North||15.95 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 20.7"||956.81 mi||West||0° 07' 33.8"||8.67 mi||North||957.17 mi|
|24 hours||12° 41' 05.6"||839.64 mi||East||3° 24' 13.1"||234.02 mi||North||878.43 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jamestown||Sun 6:56 PM||1458 km||906 miles||787 nm||E|
|Recife||Sun 3:56 PM||1952 km||1213 miles||1054 nm||WNW|
|Salvador||Sun 3:56 PM||2104 km||1307 miles||1136 nm||W|
|Fortaleza||Sun 3:56 PM||2553 km||1586 miles||1378 nm||WNW|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Sun 4:56 PM||2583 km||1605 miles||1394 nm||WSW|
|Monrovia||Sun 6:56 PM||2733 km||1698 miles||1476 nm||NNE|
|Freetown||Sun 6:56 PM||2886 km||1793 miles||1558 nm||NNE|
|Guarulhos *||Sun 4:56 PM||2930 km||1820 miles||1582 nm||WSW|
|São Paulo *||Sun 4:56 PM||2941 km||1828 miles||1588 nm||WSW|
|Abidjan||Sun 6:56 PM||2979 km||1851 miles||1609 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.