Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 21, 2012 at 7:06:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 46%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 21, 2012 at 19:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.88 meters/second, 1540.4 km/hour, 957.1 miles/hour or 831.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.2"||15.95 mi||West||0° 00' 07.5"||0.14 mi||North||15.95 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 21.5"||956.93 mi||West||0° 07' 34.7"||8.69 mi||North||957.29 mi|
|24 hours||12° 40' 46.3"||839.38 mi||East||3° 24' 31.8"||234.37 mi||North||878.26 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jamestown||Sun 7:06 PM||1714 km||1065 miles||926 nm||E|
|Recife||Sun 4:06 PM||1730 km||1075 miles||934 nm||WNW|
|Salvador||Sun 4:06 PM||1851 km||1150 miles||999 nm||WNW|
|Fortaleza||Sun 4:06 PM||2340 km||1454 miles||1264 nm||NW|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Sun 5:06 PM||2341 km||1455 miles||1264 nm||WSW|
|São Paulo *||Sun 5:06 PM||2700 km||1678 miles||1458 nm||WSW|
|Brasilia *||Sun 5:06 PM||2794 km||1736 miles||1509 nm||W|
|Monrovia||Sun 7:06 PM||2833 km||1760 miles||1530 nm||NNE|
|Freetown||Sun 7:06 PM||2957 km||1837 miles||1597 nm||NNE|
|Conakry||Sun 7:06 PM||3049 km||1894 miles||1646 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.