Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 21, 2012 at 7:16:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 46%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 21, 2012 at 19:16:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.93 meters/second, 1540.6 km/hour, 957.3 miles/hour or 831.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.2"||15.95 mi||West||0° 00' 07.5"||0.14 mi||North||15.95 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 22.3"||957.06 mi||West||0° 07' 35.6"||8.70 mi||North||957.41 mi|
|24 hours||12° 40' 26.8"||839.12 mi||East||3° 24' 50.4"||234.73 mi||North||878.10 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Recife||Sun 4:16 PM||1520 km||944 miles||820 nm||NW|
|Salvador||Sun 4:16 PM||1600 km||994 miles||864 nm||WNW|
|Jamestown||Sun 7:16 PM||1971 km||1225 miles||1064 nm||E|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Sun 5:16 PM||2103 km||1306 miles||1135 nm||WSW|
|Fortaleza||Sun 4:16 PM||2139 km||1329 miles||1155 nm||NW|
|Guarulhos *||Sun 5:16 PM||2448 km||1521 miles||1322 nm||WSW|
|São Paulo *||Sun 5:16 PM||2461 km||1529 miles||1329 nm||WSW|
|Brasilia *||Sun 5:16 PM||2537 km||1577 miles||1370 nm||W|
|Monrovia||Sun 7:16 PM||2954 km||1835 miles||1595 nm||NNE|
|Freetown||Sun 7:16 PM||3049 km||1895 miles||1647 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.