Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 21, 2012 at 7:26:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 46%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 21, 2012 at 19:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.99 meters/second, 1540.8 km/hour, 957.4 miles/hour or 831.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.2"||15.96 mi||West||0° 00' 07.5"||0.14 mi||North||15.96 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 23.3"||957.18 mi||West||0° 07' 36.5"||8.72 mi||North||957.54 mi|
|24 hours||12° 40' 07.4"||838.86 mi||East||3° 25' 08.9"||235.08 mi||North||877.94 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Recife||Sun 4:26 PM||1323 km||822 miles||714 nm||NW|
|Salvador||Sun 4:26 PM||1352 km||840 miles||730 nm||WNW|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Sun 5:26 PM||1867 km||1160 miles||1008 nm||WSW|
|Fortaleza||Sun 4:26 PM||1955 km||1215 miles||1055 nm||NW|
|São Paulo *||Sun 5:26 PM||2224 km||1382 miles||1201 nm||WSW|
|Jamestown||Sun 7:26 PM||2228 km||1384 miles||1203 nm||E|
|Brasilia *||Sun 5:26 PM||2281 km||1417 miles||1231 nm||W|
|Belém||Sun 4:26 PM||2943 km||1829 miles||1589 nm||WNW|
|Monrovia||Sun 7:26 PM||3092 km||1921 miles||1670 nm||NE|
|Freetown||Sun 7:26 PM||3161 km||1964 miles||1707 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.