Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 21, 2012 at 8:16:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 47%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 21, 2012 at 20:16:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.26 meters/second, 1541.7 km/hour, 958.0 miles/hour or 832.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.3"||15.97 mi||West||0° 00' 07.5"||0.15 mi||North||15.97 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 27.4"||957.78 mi||West||0° 07' 41.0"||8.81 mi||North||958.15 mi|
|24 hours||12° 38' 30.9"||837.54 mi||East||3° 26' 40.9"||236.84 mi||North||877.14 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Ilhéus||Sun 5:16 PM||219 km||136 miles||118 nm||NNW|
|Itabuna||Sun 5:16 PM||226 km||141 miles||122 nm||NNW|
|Salvador||Sun 5:16 PM||415 km||258 miles||224 nm||N|
|Vitória *||Sun 6:16 PM||434 km||270 miles||234 nm||SSW|
|Belo Horizonte *||Sun 6:16 PM||666 km||414 miles||360 nm||WSW|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Sun 6:16 PM||841 km||523 miles||454 nm||SW|
|Brasilia *||Sun 6:16 PM||997 km||619 miles||538 nm||W|
|Recife||Sun 5:16 PM||1040 km||646 miles||562 nm||NNE|
|Guarulhos *||Sun 6:16 PM||1114 km||692 miles||602 nm||SW|
|São Paulo *||Sun 6:16 PM||1129 km||701 miles||609 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.