Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 21, 2012 at 9:06:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 47%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 21, 2012 at 21:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.53 meters/second, 1542.7 km/hour, 958.6 miles/hour or 833.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.5"||15.98 mi||West||0° 00' 07.7"||0.15 mi||North||15.98 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 31.5"||958.39 mi||West||0° 07' 45.5"||8.89 mi||North||958.76 mi|
|24 hours||12° 36' 54.6"||836.24 mi||East||3° 28' 11.7"||238.57 mi||North||876.34 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Goiânia *||Sun 7:06 PM||150 km||93 miles||81 nm||E|
|Anápolis *||Sun 7:06 PM||184 km||115 miles||100 nm||E|
|Barra do Garças||Sun 6:06 PM||190 km||118 miles||103 nm||WNW|
|Brasilia *||Sun 7:06 PM||310 km||193 miles||167 nm||ENE|
|Pedro Juan Caballero *||Sun 6:06 PM||844 km||525 miles||456 nm||SW|
|São Paulo *||Sun 7:06 PM||875 km||544 miles||472 nm||SSE|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Sun 7:06 PM||1051 km||653 miles||568 nm||SE|
|Asuncion *||Sun 6:06 PM||1202 km||747 miles||649 nm||SW|
|Salvador||Sun 6:06 PM||1370 km||852 miles||740 nm||ENE|
|Sucre||Sun 5:06 PM||1571 km||976 miles||848 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.