Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, October 22, 2012 at 12:56:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 49%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 22, 2012 at 00:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.79 meters/second, 1547.3 km/hour, 961.4 miles/hour or 835.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.7"||16.02 mi||West||0° 00' 08.0"||0.15 mi||North||16.02 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 50.5"||961.22 mi||West||0° 08' 05.4"||9.27 mi||North||961.59 mi|
|24 hours||12° 29' 36.1"||830.30 mi||East||3° 34' 53.9"||246.24 mi||North||872.67 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Easter Island *||Sun 7:56 PM||1260 km||783 miles||680 nm||SSW|
|Galapagos Islands||Sun 6:56 PM||2471 km||1535 miles||1334 nm||NE|
|Adamstown||Sun 4:56 PM||2687 km||1670 miles||1451 nm||WSW|
|Lima||Sun 7:56 PM||3166 km||1968 miles||1710 nm||E|
|Quito||Sun 7:56 PM||3501 km||2176 miles||1890 nm||ENE|
|San Jose||Sun 6:56 PM||3765 km||2340 miles||2033 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Sun 6:56 PM||3785 km||2352 miles||2044 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Sun 6:56 PM||3805 km||2364 miles||2054 nm||NNE|
|Managua||Sun 6:56 PM||3813 km||2369 miles||2059 nm||NE|
|Tegucigalpa||Sun 6:56 PM||3934 km||2445 miles||2124 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.