Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, October 22, 2012 at 1:06:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 49%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 22, 2012 at 01:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.85 meters/second, 1547.4 km/hour, 961.5 miles/hour or 835.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.7"||16.02 mi||West||0° 00' 08.0"||0.15 mi||North||16.03 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 51.4"||961.34 mi||West||0° 08' 06.3"||9.29 mi||North||961.72 mi|
|24 hours||12° 29' 17.2"||830.04 mi||East||3° 35' 10.8"||246.56 mi||North||872.51 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Easter Island *||Sun 8:06 PM||1220 km||758 miles||659 nm||S|
|Adamstown||Sun 5:06 PM||2457 km||1527 miles||1327 nm||WSW|
|Galapagos Islands||Sun 7:06 PM||2669 km||1659 miles||1441 nm||NE|
|Lima||Sun 8:06 PM||3424 km||2127 miles||1849 nm||E|
|Quito||Sun 8:06 PM||3731 km||2318 miles||2015 nm||ENE|
|San Salvador||Sun 7:06 PM||3920 km||2436 miles||2117 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Sun 7:06 PM||3929 km||2441 miles||2121 nm||NNE|
|San Jose||Sun 7:06 PM||3940 km||2448 miles||2127 nm||NE|
|Managua||Sun 7:06 PM||3969 km||2466 miles||2143 nm||NE|
|Mexico City *||Sun 8:06 PM||4060 km||2523 miles||2192 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.