Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, October 22, 2012 at 2:06:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 49%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 22, 2012 at 02:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 430.18 meters/second, 1548.6 km/hour, 962.3 miles/hour or 836.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.9"||16.04 mi||West||0° 00' 08.0"||0.16 mi||North||16.04 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 56.4"||962.09 mi||West||0° 08' 11.4"||9.39 mi||North||962.46 mi|
|24 hours||12° 27' 24.1"||828.52 mi||East||3° 36' 51.3"||248.48 mi||North||871.57 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Sun 6:06 PM||1253 km||779 miles||677 nm||SW|
|Easter Island *||Sun 9:06 PM||1871 km||1163 miles||1010 nm||SE|
|Papeete||Sun 4:06 PM||2840 km||1765 miles||1533 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Sun 4:06 PM||3920 km||2436 miles||2117 nm||WSW|
|Galapagos Islands||Sun 8:06 PM||4022 km||2499 miles||2172 nm||ENE|
|Kiritimati||Mon 4:06 PM||4264 km||2649 miles||2302 nm||WNW|
|Mexico City *||Sun 9:06 PM||4703 km||2923 miles||2540 nm||NE|
|Guatemala||Sun 8:06 PM||4914 km||3054 miles||2654 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Sun 8:06 PM||4956 km||3080 miles||2676 nm||NE|
|Lima||Sun 9:06 PM||4971 km||3089 miles||2684 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.