Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, October 22, 2012 at 02:32:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:03 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:32 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 22, 2012 at 02:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 430.33 meters/second, 1549.2 km/hour, 962.6 miles/hour or 836.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.9"||16.04 mi||west||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||north||16.04 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 58.6"||962.49 mi||west||0° 08' 13.5"||9.43 mi||north||962.86 mi|
|24 hours||12° 26' 33.3"||827.89 mi||east||3° 37' 36.2"||249.35 mi||north||871.20 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Sun 5:32 PM||984 km||611 miles||531 nm||SW|
|Adamstown||Sun 6:32 PM||1017 km||632 miles||549 nm||S|
|Papeete||Sun 4:32 PM||2147 km||1334 miles||1159 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Sun 9:32 PM||2424 km||1506 miles||1309 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Sun 4:32 PM||3245 km||2016 miles||1752 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 4:32 PM||3638 km||2261 miles||1964 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Sun 3:32 PM||4298 km||2671 miles||2321 nm||W|
|Apia *||Mon 4:32 PM||4547 km||2826 miles||2455 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Mon 3:32 PM||4845 km||3010 miles||2616 nm||WSW|
|Mexico City *||Sun 9:32 PM||5130 km||3187 miles||2770 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.