Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, October 22, 2012 at 2:32:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 22, 2012 at 02:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 430.32 meters/second, 1549.2 km/hour, 962.6 miles/hour or 836.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.9"||16.04 mi||West||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||North||16.04 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 58.5"||962.41 mi||West||0° 08' 13.5"||9.43 mi||North||962.78 mi|
|24 hours||12° 26' 35.4"||827.86 mi||East||3° 37' 34.5"||249.30 mi||North||871.16 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Sun 5:32 PM||1001 km||622 miles||540 nm||SW|
|Adamstown||Sun 6:32 PM||1019 km||633 miles||550 nm||S|
|Papeete||Sun 4:32 PM||2175 km||1351 miles||1174 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Sun 9:32 PM||2400 km||1491 miles||1296 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Sun 4:32 PM||3273 km||2034 miles||1767 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 4:32 PM||3663 km||2276 miles||1978 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Sun 3:32 PM||4327 km||2688 miles||2336 nm||W|
|Apia *||Mon 4:32 PM||4576 km||2844 miles||2471 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Mon 3:32 PM||4872 km||3028 miles||2631 nm||WSW|
|Mexico City *||Sun 9:32 PM||5111 km||3176 miles||2760 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.