Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, October 22, 2012 at 03:22:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:03 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:32 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 22, 2012 at 03:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 430.60 meters/second, 1550.2 km/hour, 963.2 miles/hour or 837.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.9"||16.05 mi||west||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||north||16.06 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 02.7"||963.11 mi||west||0° 08' 17.7"||9.51 mi||north||963.48 mi|
|24 hours||12° 24' 59.8"||826.63 mi||east||3° 38' 58.2"||250.91 mi||north||870.41 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Sun 5:52 PM||783 km||486 miles||423 nm||NNE|
|Papeete||Sun 5:22 PM||876 km||545 miles||473 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Sun 7:22 PM||1575 km||978 miles||850 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Sun 5:22 PM||2015 km||1252 miles||1088 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 5:22 PM||2613 km||1623 miles||1411 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Sun 4:22 PM||3032 km||1884 miles||1637 nm||W|
|Apia *||Mon 5:22 PM||3257 km||2024 miles||1759 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Mon 4:22 PM||3299 km||2050 miles||1781 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Sun 10:22 PM||3554 km||2208 miles||1919 nm||ESE|
|Nukualofa||Mon 4:22 PM||3596 km||2234 miles||1942 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.