Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:32:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|This phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 22, 2012 at 03:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 430.65 meters/second, 1550.3 km/hour, 963.3 miles/hour or 837.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.9"||16.05 mi||West||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||North||16.06 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 03.4"||963.15 mi||West||0° 08' 18.4"||9.52 mi||North||963.53 mi|
|24 hours||12° 24' 43.3"||826.35 mi||East||3° 39' 12.6"||251.17 mi||North||870.21 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Sun 5:32 PM||656 km||407 miles||354 nm||WSW|
|Taiohae||Sun 6:02 PM||876 km||544 miles||473 nm||NNE|
|Adamstown||Sun 7:32 PM||1751 km||1088 miles||946 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Sun 5:32 PM||1802 km||1119 miles||973 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 5:32 PM||2460 km||1529 miles||1329 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Sun 4:32 PM||2807 km||1744 miles||1516 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Mon 5:32 PM||3028 km||1881 miles||1635 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Mon 4:32 PM||3069 km||1907 miles||1657 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Mon 4:32 PM||3375 km||2097 miles||1822 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Sun 10:32 PM||3762 km||2337 miles||2031 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.