Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, October 22, 2012 at 03:32:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:03 PM|
|This phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:32 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:50 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 22, 2012 at 03:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 430.66 meters/second, 1550.4 km/hour, 963.4 miles/hour or 837.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.9"||16.06 mi||west||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||north||16.06 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 03.5"||963.17 mi||west||0° 08' 18.4"||9.52 mi||north||963.54 mi|
|24 hours||12° 24' 41.3"||826.32 mi||east||3° 39' 14.5"||251.21 mi||north||870.20 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Sun 5:32 PM||629 km||391 miles||340 nm||WSW|
|Taiohae||Sun 6:02 PM||891 km||554 miles||481 nm||NNE|
|Adamstown||Sun 7:32 PM||1774 km||1102 miles||958 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Sun 5:32 PM||1775 km||1103 miles||958 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 5:32 PM||2442 km||1518 miles||1319 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Sun 4:32 PM||2779 km||1727 miles||1500 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Mon 5:32 PM||2999 km||1863 miles||1619 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Mon 4:32 PM||3044 km||1891 miles||1643 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Mon 4:32 PM||3347 km||2080 miles||1807 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Sun 10:32 PM||3788 km||2354 miles||2045 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.