Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, October 22, 2012 at 03:42:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:32 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:50 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 22, 2012 at 03:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 430.71 meters/second, 1550.6 km/hour, 963.5 miles/hour or 837.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.9"||16.06 mi||west||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||north||16.06 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 04.3"||963.36 mi||west||0° 08' 19.3"||9.54 mi||north||963.73 mi|
|24 hours||12° 24' 22.5"||826.13 mi||east||3° 39' 30.6"||251.53 mi||north||870.10 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Sun 5:42 PM||394 km||245 miles||213 nm||WSW|
|Rarotonga||Sun 5:42 PM||1539 km||957 miles||831 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Sun 7:42 PM||1985 km||1234 miles||1072 nm||SE|
|Kiritimati||Mon 5:42 PM||2290 km||1423 miles||1237 nm||NNW|
|Alofi||Sun 4:42 PM||2526 km||1570 miles||1364 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Mon 5:42 PM||2740 km||1703 miles||1480 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Mon 4:42 PM||2789 km||1733 miles||1506 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Mon 4:42 PM||3098 km||1925 miles||1673 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Sun 3:42 PM||3748 km||2329 miles||2024 nm||WNW|
|Suva *||Mon 4:42 PM||3753 km||2332 miles||2027 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.