Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:42:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 22, 2012 at 03:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 430.71 meters/second, 1550.5 km/hour, 963.5 miles/hour or 837.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.9"||16.06 mi||West||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||North||16.06 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 04.2"||963.28 mi||West||0° 08' 19.3"||9.54 mi||North||963.65 mi|
|24 hours||12° 24' 24.6"||826.10 mi||East||3° 39' 28.7"||251.48 mi||North||870.06 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Sun 5:42 PM||419 km||260 miles||226 nm||WSW|
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Sun 5:42 PM||610 km||379 miles||329 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Sun 5:42 PM||1565 km||973 miles||845 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Sun 7:42 PM||1961 km||1219 miles||1059 nm||SE|
|Kiritimati||Mon 5:42 PM||2306 km||1433 miles||1245 nm||NNW|
|Alofi||Sun 4:42 PM||2555 km||1587 miles||1379 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Mon 5:42 PM||2769 km||1721 miles||1495 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Mon 4:42 PM||2814 km||1749 miles||1520 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Mon 4:42 PM||3126 km||1942 miles||1688 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Sun 3:42 PM||3775 km||2345 miles||2038 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.