Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, October 22, 2012 at 4:32:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 51%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 22, 2012 at 04:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 430.98 meters/second, 1551.5 km/hour, 964.1 miles/hour or 837.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.1"||16.07 mi||West||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||North||16.07 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 08.3"||963.90 mi||West||0° 08' 23.2"||9.61 mi||North||964.27 mi|
|24 hours||12° 22' 51.7"||824.85 mi||East||3° 40' 49.0"||253.01 mi||North||869.28 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Sun 6:32 PM||644 km||400 miles||348 nm||SSW|
|Papeete||Sun 6:32 PM||942 km||585 miles||509 nm||ESE|
|Alofi||Sun 5:32 PM||1305 km||811 miles||705 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Mon 6:32 PM||1478 km||919 miles||798 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Mon 5:32 PM||1577 km||980 miles||851 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Mon 5:32 PM||1899 km||1180 miles||1026 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 6:32 PM||1937 km||1203 miles||1046 nm||N|
|Suva *||Mon 5:32 PM||2508 km||1559 miles||1354 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Mon 4:32 PM||2585 km||1606 miles||1396 nm||WNW|
|Baker Island||Sun 4:32 PM||2667 km||1657 miles||1440 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.