Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, October 22, 2012 at 04:32:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 51%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:32 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:50 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 22, 2012 at 04:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 430.99 meters/second, 1551.6 km/hour, 964.1 miles/hour or 837.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.1"||16.07 mi||west||0° 00' 08.4"||0.16 mi||north||16.07 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 08.4"||963.98 mi||west||0° 08' 23.4"||9.61 mi||north||964.35 mi|
|24 hours||12° 22' 49.7"||824.88 mi||east||3° 40' 50.9"||253.06 mi||north||869.32 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Sun 6:32 PM||637 km||396 miles||344 nm||SSW|
|Papeete||Sun 6:32 PM||969 km||602 miles||523 nm||ESE|
|Alofi||Sun 5:32 PM||1278 km||794 miles||690 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Mon 6:32 PM||1450 km||901 miles||783 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Mon 5:32 PM||1553 km||965 miles||839 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Mon 5:32 PM||1873 km||1164 miles||1011 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 6:32 PM||1938 km||1204 miles||1046 nm||N|
|Suva *||Mon 5:32 PM||2480 km||1541 miles||1339 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Mon 4:32 PM||2555 km||1588 miles||1380 nm||WNW|
|Baker Island||Sun 4:32 PM||2645 km||1644 miles||1428 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.