Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, October 22, 2012 at 6:56:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 52%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 22, 2012 at 06:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.78 meters/second, 1554.4 km/hour, 965.9 miles/hour or 839.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.2"||16.10 mi||West||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||North||16.10 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 20.1"||965.68 mi||West||0° 08' 34.6"||9.83 mi||North||966.06 mi|
|24 hours||12° 18' 26.9"||821.28 mi||East||3° 44' 33.7"||257.29 mi||North||867.04 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Luganville||Mon 5:56 PM||26 km||16 miles||14 nm||SSE|
|Port Vila||Mon 5:56 PM||301 km||187 miles||162 nm||SSE|
|Noumea||Mon 5:56 PM||777 km||483 miles||419 nm||S|
|Honiara||Mon 5:56 PM||1012 km||629 miles||546 nm||NW|
|Suva *||Mon 7:56 PM||1247 km||775 miles||673 nm||ESE|
|Funafuti||Mon 6:56 PM||1514 km||941 miles||817 nm||ENE|
|Yaren||Mon 6:56 PM||1631 km||1013 miles||880 nm||N|
|Tarawa||Mon 6:56 PM||1958 km||1217 miles||1057 nm||NNE|
|Nukualofa||Mon 7:56 PM||1978 km||1229 miles||1068 nm||ESE|
|Brisbane||Mon 4:56 PM||1985 km||1233 miles||1072 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.