Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, October 22, 2012 at 7:16:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 52%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 22, 2012 at 07:16:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 431.89 meters/second, 1554.8 kilometres/hour, 966.1 miles/hour or 839.5 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.2"||16.10 mi||West||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||North||16.10 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 21.7"||965.93 mi||West||0° 08' 36.0"||9.86 mi||North||966.31 mi|
|24 hours||12° 17' 50.5"||820.79 mi||East||3° 45' 04.2"||257.87 mi||North||866.73 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Luganville||Mon 6:16 PM||526 km||327 miles||284 nm||E|
|Honiara||Mon 6:16 PM||691 km||429 miles||373 nm||NNW|
|Port Vila||Mon 6:16 PM||701 km||435 miles||378 nm||ESE|
|Noumea||Mon 6:16 PM||893 km||555 miles||482 nm||SSE|
|Gizo||Mon 6:16 PM||987 km||613 miles||533 nm||NW|
|Brisbane||Mon 5:16 PM||1659 km||1031 miles||896 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Mon 7:16 PM||1703 km||1058 miles||920 nm||NNE|
|Suva *||Mon 8:16 PM||1750 km||1088 miles||945 nm||ESE|
|Port Moresby||Mon 5:16 PM||1761 km||1095 miles||951 nm||WNW|
|Cairns||Mon 5:16 PM||1776 km||1103 miles||959 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.