Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, October 22, 2012 at 8:06:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 52%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 22, 2012 at 08:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 432.17 meters/second, 1555.8 km/hour, 966.7 miles/hour or 840.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.4"||16.11 mi||West||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||North||16.11 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 25.7"||966.55 mi||West||0° 08' 39.9"||9.93 mi||North||966.93 mi|
|24 hours||12° 16' 19.7"||819.57 mi||East||3° 46' 19.6"||259.31 mi||North||865.96 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Cairns||Mon 6:06 PM||516 km||321 miles||279 nm||WSW|
|Port Moresby||Mon 6:06 PM||709 km||440 miles||383 nm||NNW|
|Lae||Mon 6:06 PM||993 km||617 miles||536 nm||NNW|
|Honiara||Mon 7:06 PM||1231 km||765 miles||665 nm||ENE|
|Brisbane||Mon 6:06 PM||1398 km||869 miles||755 nm||SSE|
|Jayapura||Mon 5:06 PM||1740 km||1081 miles||940 nm||NW|
|Port Vila||Mon 7:06 PM||1953 km||1214 miles||1055 nm||E|
|Alice Springs||Mon 5:36 PM||1959 km||1217 miles||1058 nm||WSW|
|Sydney *||Mon 7:06 PM||2079 km||1292 miles||1122 nm||S|
|Darwin||Mon 5:36 PM||2116 km||1315 miles||1142 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.