Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, October 22, 2012 at 7:16:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 57%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 22, 2012 at 19:16:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.83 meters/second, 1569.0 km/hour, 974.9 miles/hour or 847.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.3"||16.25 mi||West||0° 00' 09.3"||0.18 mi||North||16.25 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 18.4"||974.77 mi||West||0° 09' 26.1"||10.81 mi||North||975.15 mi|
|24 hours||11° 56' 56.5"||803.96 mi||East||4° 01' 20.3"||276.48 mi||North||855.89 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jamestown||Mon 7:16 PM||678 km||421 miles||366 nm||ESE|
|Monrovia||Mon 7:16 PM||2186 km||1358 miles||1180 nm||N|
|Abidjan||Mon 7:16 PM||2232 km||1387 miles||1205 nm||NNE|
|Yamoussoukro||Mon 7:16 PM||2343 km||1456 miles||1265 nm||NNE|
|Freetown||Mon 7:16 PM||2433 km||1512 miles||1314 nm||N|
|Accra||Mon 7:16 PM||2441 km||1517 miles||1318 nm||NNE|
|São Tomé||Mon 7:16 PM||2521 km||1566 miles||1361 nm||NE|
|Conakry||Mon 7:16 PM||2550 km||1584 miles||1377 nm||N|
|Lomé||Mon 7:16 PM||2579 km||1603 miles||1393 nm||NNE|
|Recife||Mon 4:16 PM||2629 km||1633 miles||1419 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.