Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, October 22, 2012 at 20:06:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 58%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 22, 2012 at 20:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.10 meters/second, 1570.0 km/hour, 975.5 miles/hour or 847.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.3"||16.26 mi||west||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||north||16.26 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 22.1"||975.37 mi||west||0° 09' 29.3"||10.87 mi||north||975.75 mi|
|24 hours||11° 55' 34.2"||802.85 mi||east||4° 02' 19.6"||277.60 mi||north||855.16 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Recife||Mon 5:06 PM||1367 km||849 miles||738 nm||WNW|
|Salvador||Mon 5:06 PM||1619 km||1006 miles||874 nm||W|
|Jamestown||Mon 8:06 PM||1942 km||1207 miles||1049 nm||E|
|Fortaleza||Mon 5:06 PM||1962 km||1219 miles||1060 nm||WNW|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Mon 6:06 PM||2333 km||1450 miles||1260 nm||WSW|
|Monrovia||Mon 8:06 PM||2588 km||1608 miles||1397 nm||NNE|
|Brasilia *||Mon 6:06 PM||2635 km||1638 miles||1423 nm||W|
|Freetown||Mon 8:06 PM||2666 km||1657 miles||1440 nm||NNE|
|São Paulo *||Mon 6:06 PM||2685 km||1668 miles||1450 nm||WSW|
|Conakry||Mon 8:06 PM||2748 km||1707 miles||1484 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.