Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, October 23, 2012 at 1:06:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 60%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, October 23, 2012 at 01:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.68 meters/second, 1575.6 km/hour, 979.1 miles/hour or 850.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.7"||16.32 mi||West||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||North||16.32 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 44.4"||978.91 mi||West||0° 09' 47.0"||11.21 mi||North||979.28 mi|
|24 hours||11° 47' 33.8"||796.41 mi||East||4° 07' 52.7"||283.95 mi||North||850.83 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Galapagos Islands||Mon 7:06 PM||1466 km||911 miles||791 nm||NNE|
|Lima||Mon 8:06 PM||2064 km||1283 miles||1115 nm||E|
|Guayaquil||Mon 8:06 PM||2110 km||1311 miles||1139 nm||ENE|
|Easter Island *||Mon 8:06 PM||2130 km||1324 miles||1150 nm||SW|
|Quito||Mon 8:06 PM||2362 km||1468 miles||1275 nm||NE|
|San Jose||Mon 7:06 PM||2810 km||1746 miles||1517 nm||NNE|
|Managua||Mon 7:06 PM||2932 km||1822 miles||1583 nm||NNE|
|San Salvador||Mon 7:06 PM||2994 km||1860 miles||1617 nm||NNE|
|Panama||Mon 8:06 PM||2997 km||1862 miles||1618 nm||NE|
|La Paz||Mon 9:06 PM||3035 km||1886 miles||1639 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.