Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, October 23, 2012 at 3:32:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 61%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, October 23, 2012 at 03:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 438.43 meters/second, 1578.3 km/hour, 980.7 miles/hour or 852.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.8"||16.34 mi||West||0° 00' 09.8"||0.19 mi||North||16.35 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 55.0"||980.59 mi||West||0° 09' 54.9"||11.36 mi||North||980.96 mi|
|24 hours||11° 43' 49.2"||793.40 mi||East||4° 10' 21.1"||286.77 mi||North||848.77 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Mon 6:02 PM||963 km||598 miles||520 nm||WNW|
|Adamstown||Mon 7:32 PM||1440 km||895 miles||777 nm||S|
|Papeete||Mon 5:32 PM||2056 km||1277 miles||1110 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Mon 10:32 PM||2829 km||1758 miles||1527 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Mon 5:32 PM||3196 km||1986 miles||1726 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Tue 5:32 PM||3269 km||2031 miles||1765 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Mon 4:32 PM||4206 km||2613 miles||2271 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 4:32 PM||4373 km||2717 miles||2361 nm||W|
|Apia *||Tue 5:32 PM||4392 km||2729 miles||2371 nm||W|
|Honolulu||Mon 5:32 PM||4702 km||2922 miles||2539 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.