Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, October 23, 2012 at 8:32:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 63%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, October 23, 2012 at 08:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.92 meters/second, 1583.7 km/hour, 984.1 miles/hour or 855.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.40 mi||West||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||North||16.40 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 15.8"||983.94 mi||West||0° 10' 10.1"||11.65 mi||North||984.30 mi|
|24 hours||11° 36' 26.9"||787.45 mi||East||4° 14' 58.3"||292.05 mi||North||844.62 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gizo||Tue 7:32 PM||357 km||222 miles||193 nm||N|
|Honiara||Tue 7:32 PM||458 km||284 miles||247 nm||ENE|
|Arawa||Tue 6:32 PM||563 km||350 miles||304 nm||N|
|Buka||Tue 6:32 PM||668 km||415 miles||361 nm||NNW|
|Port Moresby||Tue 6:32 PM||1009 km||627 miles||545 nm||W|
|Cairns||Tue 6:32 PM||1288 km||800 miles||695 nm||WSW|
|Port Vila||Tue 7:32 PM||1487 km||924 miles||803 nm||ESE|
|Yaren||Tue 8:32 PM||1676 km||1042 miles||905 nm||NE|
|Brisbane||Tue 6:32 PM||1824 km||1133 miles||985 nm||S|
|Jayapura||Tue 5:32 PM||1966 km||1221 miles||1061 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.