Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, October 23, 2012 at 7:06:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 68%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, October 23, 2012 at 19:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.83 meters/second, 1594.2 km/hour, 990.6 miles/hour or 860.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||16.51 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||North||16.51 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 56.6"||990.47 mi||West||0° 10' 36.8"||12.16 mi||North||990.79 mi|
|24 hours||11° 22' 22.4"||776.04 mi||East||4° 22' 46.1"||300.95 mi||North||836.23 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Luanda||Tue 8:06 PM||1138 km||707 miles||615 nm||E|
|São Tomé||Tue 7:06 PM||1163 km||722 miles||628 nm||NNE|
|Jamestown||Tue 7:06 PM||1178 km||732 miles||636 nm||SW|
|Libreville||Tue 8:06 PM||1309 km||813 miles||707 nm||NE|
|Brazzaville||Tue 8:06 PM||1484 km||922 miles||801 nm||ENE|
|Kinshasa||Tue 8:06 PM||1484 km||922 miles||801 nm||ENE|
|Malabo||Tue 8:06 PM||1599 km||994 miles||863 nm||NNE|
|Accra||Tue 7:06 PM||1693 km||1052 miles||914 nm||NNW|
|Lomé||Tue 7:06 PM||1732 km||1076 miles||935 nm||N|
|Yaoundé||Tue 8:06 PM||1756 km||1091 miles||948 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.